The GroundTruth Project is an award-winning, independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit news organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of journalists in the U.S. and around the world. Our mission is to restore journalism from the ground up by supporting the emerging journalists through field reporting that serves under-covered corners of the United States and the world.
Our signature program, Report for America, is a national service program that places journalists into local newsrooms to report on under-covered issues and communities and currently partners with more than 200 newsrooms supporting 300 reporters across the country.
We are seeking an experienced Audio Coach on a part-time basis who will provide editorial support and mentorship to a group of public radio reporters as part of Report for America’s partnership with the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
At this time the position is temporary for 3 months, with the possibility of moving to permanent in Fall 2021.
- Provide periodic one-on-one editorial support such as story coaching, source development and production tips to 10 public radio reporters based in 10 newsrooms
- Establish process to coordinate that support with newsroom leaders, Report for America regional managers and GroundTruth editorial team
- Help reporters identify and pitch local stories for national air
- On occasion, help reporters identify and pitch local stories for additional editorial development by the GroundTruth editorial team
- Participate in occasional editorial trainings led by Report for America
- Evaluate and share insights about the effectiveness of the editorial support
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience producing and editing audio pieces
- Public media experience preferred
- Mentorship of emerging journalists preferred
Interviews will be conducted via video conferencing.
About The GroundTruth Project
Since its incorporation as an independent 501(c)3 organization in 2014, GroundTruth has built award-winning editorial teams to produce in-depth journalism that explores challenging global issues through local, on-the-ground reporting. In 2018, GroundTruth launched Report for America, a new national service program that places talented emerging journalists into local newsrooms in under-covered communities across the United States.
The GroundTruth Project is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.